Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .'s Reviews > A Strange Fire

A Strange Fire by L.H. Cosway

Jul 30, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, fantasy, paranormal-romance, paranormal-young-adult, urban-fantasy, young-adult
Recommended to Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: We ♥ YA Books!
Recommended for: YA paranormal, fantasy, romance readers
Read from August 07 to 08, 2012 , read count: 1

A Strange Fire is the first book in the Florence Vaine YA paranormal/fantasy romance series written by L.H. Cosway. I read this as a R2R with We ♥ YA Books! As always, a special thank you to the mods and author for allowing me to participate.

★★★★
SPECTACULAR READ!!! Couldn’t put it down.. read it in one sitting!

The Review:
This books was incredibly well written and had an awesome story with a great twist on the lore! I wont tell you what lore that is, because it would give away some of the greater mysteries of the story, but the author did a fantastic job putting her own spin on it.

I really liked Flo. She was down to earth, compassionate and strong even though she didn’t think she was. Her stammer only endeared her to me more and her background story pulled at my emotions. I also liked that though she was special and had certain.. gifts, she wasn’t overly powerful and there was room to grow within the story as well as the series.

I was totally taken in with Frank and his “brothers”, family and friends. That whole part of the story was so well done. I totally want a Frank all for my very own ;) Again, I liked how they had gifts but weren’t overly powerful. It made the story more realistic and gave it room expand.

Downsides:
There were very few things I didn’t like about this book but one of my all time pet peeves are plot holes and unfortunately, this book had two major plot holes that kept me from giving it a full five stars. Without giving anything away, I’ll just say that I think they could have easily been edited out with a little more explanation and because it would have been so simple to edit them out, I feel they need commenting on in my review.

The Wrap Up:
I’m certainly going to follow this series! I absolutely loved the story and the writing was exceptional. I want to know more about the “other” world Cosway has created for us. I can’t wait for book two because there’s so much more to Flo’s story and I’m looking forward to reading what comes next for her and her friends!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Strange Fire.

04/09/2016 marked as: read

Juls Yay!! So glad u liked it!!!

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "Yay!! So glad u liked it!!!"

I really did! It was a terrific read.. Any idea when book two is coming out? I dont see a spot or even a title for it on her GR's page. :(

Juls I think I'll email the author :D

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "I think I'll email the author :D"

Brilliant idea ;) Let me know if you find out anything.