Morgan Lechtenberg's Reviews > Yours, Sterling

Yours, Sterling by Sydney Winward

When Kathleen has been arranged to marry a boyish-looking king, she is more than disappointed. However, when war threatens them both, will it tear their relationship apart or drive them closer together?

Some days all I want is a short and sweet romance to placate my inner romantic. Yours, Sterling is exactly that: a charming novella that satisfied the craving. From beginning to end, I was captivated by this arrangement between Kathleen, the feisty princess, and Sterling, the awkward Prince. Their odd match made me giggle and smile as they interacted.

As the story progressed, I sympathized with both characters. Even though Kathleen can lose her temper, her feelings were valid, and Sterling is a big, naive teddy bear worth rooting for. I also want to point out that I do not read many romances where the male romantic interest starts out as the “ugly duckling”. Usually, stories like that are centered around the woman and so it was both refreshing and quite realistic. I have met many young men who still look like they’re 14 when they’re actually 18 so I loved that the author delved into this dynamic more with a romance.

In all, I would recommend this novella. There were many “awww” worthy moments and if you are looking for an easy-breezy, sweet afternoon read, this is the book for you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yours, Sterling.

January 29, 2021 – Started Reading