Kerry's Reviews > Me Talk Pretty One Day

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Nov 18, 2008

Recommended for: someone who wants a chuckle or anyone who thinks only their family is odd
Read in November, 2008

Fun. Silly. Wacky. So I have heard David Sedaris on the radio and even seen him in person at a book reading, but this is the first time I actually delved into one of his written works. I did wish I could have heard him actually reading the stories with his particular stresses and pauses, but overall it was a quick and enjoyable read.

I particularly enjoyed some of his descriptions about goofy and odd things that his family members would do. They were great! Also, I could completely relate to his language learning pieces. As a native English speaker, I completely agree that the notion of nouns having genders is strange and sometimes annoying and difficult to make any sense of in the greater scheme of things.

I also liked how the book was written as a series of connected vignettes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me Talk Pretty One Day.

message 1: by Kimz (new) - added it

Kimz Zahour Thanks for the review... oh, that's what it's about? I'll have to add it. Hah, saw it around forever but no one made it sound very intereting.