Kathleen's Reviews > Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Jul 30, 2012

WILD: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed is a memoir that is so well written, I truly could feel myself, right there, with every experience, painted on the pages in front of me. Her journey was light,dark,funny,sad, but also shows the life lessons learned along the way when you spend time discovering yourself and take the reins of your own life, instead of letting life just happen. Her words and world were relatable, however her exact experiences were nothing like my life at all.

Her words in WILD touched my heart and brought me out of my life and house, and into her life, and on the path of the PCT trail, right along with her. At times this memoir was so intense, I actually had to look away from the pages and pray that the words, that were waiting for me, would somehow change. But, I knew they would remain the same; the words displayed--- documented, validated and showed the shock, sadness, heartbreak and pain that the author had experienced at specific times in her life and in doing so, I think, healed herself and made one excellent memoir.

A Fan for Life!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild.