Harry Roger Williams III's Reviews > The Legend of Bagger Vance: A Novel of Golf & the Game of Life

The Legend of Bagger Vance by Steven Pressfield

A week ago I was telling my grand-nephew of the two jobs I ever did for just one day each - bus boy (which he just began doing successfully, that's what got me started) and caddy. So it was not likely I would feel motivated to read a book "about golf." However as a reader who thinks Steven Pressfield is one of our great living thinkers and writers, I was more than ready to accept that this was more than a "sports book." This book is more than mind-boggling - it is a meditation on so many things about what it means to be a man and a human. I recently read The Shack, by William P. Young, which tries to convey a similar "incarnation" to the one herein, and found it interesting but not nearly so involving. I am so grateful that I took the time to experience this powerful little book, and recommend you do the same.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Bagger Vance.

July 23, 2012 – Started Reading