Tonileg's Reviews > Skye's Trail

Skye's Trail by Jory Strong

Jul 30, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, kindle, mystery, vampires, erotica
Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

Detective Rico Santana (prepare yourself for random use of Spanish throughout this story) is out to solve a mystery, but he needs special help in the form of Skye Delano. Skye is a tracker. Rico needs to find a couple of children that are lost so he has to deal with Skye, but he has a case of extreme lust whenever she is around. So this is an erotic contemporary fantasy story.
Skye is Angelini (I'm 2/3 in to the story and I'm still not quite sure what that means) and she will 'mate' with two in order to better protect and find find justice which is in her hunter bloodline. So Rico is only the beginning and Gian is the end. I won't give too much away but there is a mystery with young ladies disappearing, lots of violence and some vampire wannabes who are kind of cutely lost in their geekdom.
I did like how the two male mates accept and share Skye it seems very respectful for a menage-a-trois situation. Although, I get the feeling that Gian can been patient because in one human lifetime Rico will die and he will have Skye to himself (unless he bonds Rico as a companion as well, perhaps the Rafeal character is a hint to that possible future?).
Don't worry there is a HEA for almost everyone in the story.
225 pages and a Kindle freebie
3 stars for a orginal take on hunters, vampires and humans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skye's Trail.