Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > Blood Tears

Blood Tears by Michael J. Malone

liked it

This is a crime fiction ebook, if that wasn't clear, but it has a Catholic bent. It's not necessarily for religious purposes, but it does involve nuns and a children's school. I did like that it was definitely not like the traditional crime novels I usually read. The characters are unique (some of them), and have a tinge of the real to them, they are definitely not perfect people, which makes them all the more relateable.

I will also point out that this ebook takes place in the UK and as such is written in British English, and the writer is also from the UK. So the spelling is somewhat different, but not off, same with the grammar. I did get this free on Amazon, but I think it's now on sale for 99 cents, at least that's what Goodreads tells me.

I like the story, I like the events that keep you guessing for two thirds of the ebook. I like the characters who are somewhat unique and believable. Though I do find it interesting that when the plot thickens, the main character is still fixated on his previous theory (though he is still somewhat right) even though it was obvious to me what was going on. Anyway, I liked this piece of British crime fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Tears.

July 30, 2012 – Shelved