Kellie Sheridan's Reviews > Once Upon a Time Machine

Once Upon a Time Machine by Andrew Carl

2077279

bookshelves: graphic-novel

This is an extremely cool collection of short stories (in the form of comics/graphic novels), Once Upon A Time Machine takes a huge selection of stories we all grew up with and turns them into futuristic or entirely reinvisioned versions. There were a few stories I didn't recognize (that may have been appropriate additions of newer stories, I'm not sure) which were great, but my favorites were always the stories with hilarious new interpretations of my favorite fables.

While I genuinely enjoyed the vast majority of the stories, there were definitely a few that just had me scratching my head or anxious to get to the end of but I can see how they might appeal to a different audience. There is something in here for everyone. I should also note that I wasn't able to read three of the stories via the digital ARC I received but there should be no issue with a physical copy (I was reading on an iPad).

Some of my favorites included retellings of Hansel & Gretel, Pinocchio and an in between image of the Three Little Pigs. Awesome! The nuances of The Tortoise and The Hare was totally lost on me, I fully didn't get the robots racing for tea storyline. That being said, 100% of the art was amazing. I loved it ALL.

While I am not a collector of graphic novels in any sense, Once Upon A Time Machine seems like a great piece to add to any fairy tale collection and is absolutely a must read for anyone who loves both scifi and fables.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon a Time Machine.

July 30, 2012 – Started Reading
July 30, 2012 – Shelved
August 2, 2012 – Shelved as: graphic-novel
August 2, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay Interesting idea for a comic book, and great review!