Jasmine's Reviews > A Midsummer Tights Dream

A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison

6619520
Jul 29, 2012

Read on July 29, 2012

I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked this book. I thought it was even better than Withering Tights! I love the way Tallulah narrates, and once you can get past the confusing Northern dialogue, it's a fun read. While this book was very reminiscent of certain incidences and characters in Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, I didn't mind.

I loved the way Rennison drew up Cain; he's a really intriguing character who I can't wait to read more about. Pretty sure that's what she was going for and it worked beautifully! Going back to the Northern dialogue, I did have to read his speaking parts over a few times before fully understanding what he was saying, but reading more of Cain was not necessarily a bad thing.

One downside is all the issues going on with the school and the weird production thing they had to throw on at the Blind Pig; it just didn't hold my attention very well.

While I think this isn't quite as all around good as the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series, this was still a very entertaining, laugh out loud, book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer Tights Dream.

07/29/2012
99.0% "Gosh no other can make me laugh like Louise Rennison can! Tallulah is just too funny"