Vicky's Reviews > Flirting With Fairies

Flirting With Fairies by Peg Pierson

Thoughts: This was a rollicking fun peek into the “behind-the-cover” Realm of Imagination. Most of the story takes place in this realm where book characters wait around in green rooms or scenery for their authors to do something with them. Nicole is a fairy in disguise in the human realm where she works as a literary agent looking for the next best seller. She thinks she’s found that in Kaleb, but things go terribly wrong when he is hit by a bus and both of them are pulled into the Imagination Realm. Unfortunately, Nicole is a wanted fugitive there since she skipped out on a Shakespeare story three hundred years ago. The two of them have to dodge bounty hunters, psychic monkeys, bored characters, and more. And when some of them discover that Nicole is protecting a treasure… it’s almost more than she can handle.

What I liked: The characters are amazing as are the settings and the idea of interacting with characters in the book and what happens when authors don’t write them well, or never finish a story. It’s imaginative and fun. And there is an interesting plot twist at the end that gives you a HEA you weren’t expecting.

What I didn’t like: It was sometimes a little confusing to follow and there were a very few minor editorial issues (typos).

Recommendation: Don’t expect a deep story here. This is a fun-filled tale that will have you laughing—which is not a bad thing. We all need more fun and laughter. Recommended.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting With Fairies.

Started Reading