Gwen Gardner's Reviews > Wilde's Fire

Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade

Jul 29, 2012

Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

New author Krystal Wade has done a superb job of world-building in this urban fantasy romance:

Katriona Wilde learns that she and her family are from another world when she accidentally slips through the portal to Encarta. Things start to make sense when she meets Arland, the man she’s been dreaming about her whole life, and to whom she feels an immediate attraction. What doesn’t make sense is how she’s supposed to fulfill the prophesy to save Encarta from the darkness that has pervaded the land since her family’s initial escape.

As Book One of The Darkness Falls series, the focus of Wilde’s Fire was mainly on traversing the world of Encarta with its hobbit-like existence, magic and creatures. Then there’s the planning and preparing for war. And since we know it can’t be all work, we have the steamy new romance between Katriona and Arland. Really rather a clever set-up on Ms. Wade’s part, because now we’re invested in the characters and rooting for Encarta to see the light again. But first, we have to go through the struggle in Wilde’s Army, where presumably, the war begins.
Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wilde's Fire.