Inna's Reviews > The Curse Girl

The Curse Girl by Kate Avery Ellison

Jul 28, 2012

bookshelves: obnoxious-and-hot-male-lead

Check out this review on My Blog
I love fairy tale retelling and this retelling of Beauty and the Beast was great as it was definitely a new take on a well known story. This modern retelling is a short easy read that kept me entertained.
Bee got on my nerves a little in the beginning. I guess you could say she was a typical teenager. She was a bit selfish and stubborn. Luckily that cleared up pretty quickly in the novel. Will was a jerk in the beginning and he was definitely cold towards Beauty but to be fair he was wrongfully cursed and the time to break the curse was running out so you really can't blame the guy for being frustrated. The relationship between them was funny to read about. It definitely wasn't insta-love. It was actually like a hate turn love relationship. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:
""You’re ruining that book!” He pointed to the page I’d torn out. “That’s a perfectly good book!”
Holding his gaze, I reached down and ripped another page out. “I’m making roses.”
“Well, it’s my book.”
“Sorry.” I tore out another."

Yep like I said it's a pretty funny relationship. They actually learn to be polite towards each other in the novel and well as you probably already guessed even fall in love.
As for the plot it was definitely different from the original. There were some twists that you could see from like the second they were introduced and then there were some that really surprised me. Overall, this is a great read for those that like a light and entertaining read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curse Girl.