Kelly's Reviews > Twenty Boy Summer

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

11372073
Jul 28, 2012

I picked this book up in Books-a-Million one day in desperate need for a new summer book. I hadn't really planned on reading it, but once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down! The beginning of the book really sucks you in, I was quickly caught into the romance between two of the characters in a 'love triangle' of sorts.
The tragedy that happened a little into the book had me tearing up, and I don't really cry much in books. However, my one complaint is that the author didn't really let us experience the relationship between the characters yet before the accident. We didn't really get to see the love that radiated between the characters. We heard about it later in the book, but it felt like we were left out of the loop or something.
Other than that one complaint, I loved the book. The author did a great job capturing the characters emotions. At certain points, I really felt like the character as things happened to her. I felt anger towards certain characters, I fell in love with certain characters, I was annoyed by others. Creepy? Kind of. But us book nerds know the feeling of getting sucked into a great story.
I definitely reccomend this book to all girls in search of a good summer read. I am VERY glad I picked this up at Books-A-Millon. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty Boy Summer.