Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Long Ride Home

Long Ride Home by Elizabeth   Hunter

Jul 28, 2012

Long Ride Home: A Cambio Springs Short StoryLong Ride Home: A Cambio Springs Short Story by Elizabeth Hunter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sad, Intense, Short and Poignant -Excellent Short Story, July 28, 2012
By Douglas C. Meeks

This review is from: Long Ride Home: A Cambio Springs Short Story (Kindle Edition)
Well what can you say about a short story like this? When it is Elizabeth Hunter it can compact a ton of emotion and unsaid things. This was an almost perfect example of how to reach your reader emotionally and leave them wanting more. This sets up the beginnings for a new series by Ms Hunter and I expect it will be as exceptional as everything else she has written so far. Jena Crowe has lost her husband and is going back to the hometown where they grew up, her husbands ghost accompanies her on the ride and in the process you get years of history in a few pages. Nicely done and now my only complaint is that she has not written the first novel in the series yet. 5 Stars for what it is, a very short story whose purpose is to enthrall you for a new series and make you feel part of the story, well done once more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Long Ride Home.

01/31/2016 marked as: read