Jane's Reviews > Partials

Partials by Dan Wells

Jul 28, 2012

I really enjoyed reading this book because although there was romance in it, this wasn't the sole drama of the book and the main focus was on action generated by science, the book gave great detail in this so it wasn't your avarage vague sci-fi novel, nor was it the kind of book you needed to be wide awake and in exam mode to read. The plot is almost entiarly unpredictable and this girl (Kira), the protagonist, actually has a head on her shoulders and her thought processes aren't agonisingly slow like you sometimes find in such novels, they are in fact evidence that she can think quickly on her feet as well as in great detail when the situation demands it. In fact the only reason that I didn't give this book a five star rating is because the writing style isn't exactly spectacular, and the descriptions could have been more detailed but saying that, they were still gripping.

So I give this book a four star rating and strongly urge all those who love sci fi books, as well as science itself to give this one a go as I'm sure you won't be able to put it down..... unless of course something was to seize control of your bodily functions but then, I suspect you would have bigger problems than having to put the book down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partials.