Alison O'Keefe's Reviews > Troubled Blood

Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith

Very happy that this instalment broke the formula of the first three of the series!
I enjoyed the ride and the growth that Robin and Cormoran made, long overdue for both and so very welcome.
Cormoran and his relationships with family were covered in well-written scenarios that gave his character credibility in his feelings towards his family members. Joan's storyline was beautiful and I thought she added a depth to the overall story.
I was invested in the storyline, I wanted to know what happened to Margot, and I enjoyed the time that the author took for this investigation to play out - it meant that there could be a focus on other investigations without it taking away from the main storyline or make it seem too much.
I thought that the Morris storyline was well-written and had an excellent conclusion, and I found the time given to issues women face in the workplace was enough while still being exact.
There were a few parts of the mystery where I thought the ending was going to be different, and I have to say that there were enough clues for the ending to make sense - but it still surprised me, which is exactly what I want in a crime novel.
Loved that this series seems to be back on track, can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Troubled Blood.

January 21, 2021 – Started Reading