Lauren's Reviews > Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans

Nonbeliever Nation by David Niose

Jul 28, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nonbeliever Nation.

message 1: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda I saw this today and knew I had to read it-I'm so tired of the christian right acting as though their way is THE only way and how prevalent religion has become in politics. All of this is personal and private and should stay that was(especially since it seems that the ones pushing the hardest for laws mandating morality end up having the most to hide)

message 2: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda That should say "stay that way"(not stay that was)

message 3: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren I SO agree and am actually relieved to hear you express that view! I had my own "crises" earlier this year in which I felt I was drowning in the Christianity being promulgated around me (such as the loss of two friends, the man in my life, and my brother & SIL). I was worried for my mental health should one more person wish me a "blessed day" - people I work with and don't even know personally. How is that professional??? I had to read Hitchens' book again just to assure myself I wasn't insane.

Unfortunately, our library doesn't carry it but I'll definitely get my hands on a copy one way or the other.

Thanks much for letting me rant! :)

message 4: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Anytime! I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots & I need to learn to smile & nod politely better. I'm lucky it's mostly customers and not co-workers.