Sam's Reviews > Blood Prophecy

Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey

Blood Prophecy is the sixth and final book in the captivating Drake Chronicles. It's the most exciting and heart-stopping book yet! Readers will enjoy their last entrance into the world of vampires and hot Drake brothers, where Alyxandra Harvey delivers a satisfying and perfect conclusion to the stunning series.

I'm heart broken that this is the last book because I have loved every page of every book in this series! Alyxandra Harvey hooked me in when I read the first novel "My Love Lies Bleeding" and she wouldn't let me go! She made me stay and wait for this epic conclusion. Not to mention she's also made me fall in love with her set of wonderful and unique characters. Oh, and she just HAD to insert a pack of beautiful boys, didn't she? Way to keep us interested...

Over the last six books, we have gotten to know each Drake brother for their own charm. Nicholas, Logan, Quinn, Connor, Duncan, Marcus and Sebastian. Yes, guys, seven beautiful un-dead boys. SEVEN! I know a lot more about Nicholas, Logan, Quinn and Connor than the last last three brothers because they each had a book dedicated to their lives, while the other three didn't. Hopefully Alyxandra will write some short stories for Marcus and Sebastian! (She has already written a short story for Duncan it's called Sound and Fury.)

And along side those hot guys are strong and courageous women who are ready to take on a pack of dysfunctional vampires called Helios-Ra. We met Lucy in the first book where she finally gets together with Nicholas after many years of them hating each other. Then we meet Isabeau who is slightly strange and has a magic heritage, and later meets Logan. In the third book, our arrogant and egotistic Quinn, meets Hunter, a girl who has been trained to kill vampires but seems to fall for him nonetheless. And finally, in the forth book the geeky Connor, who is Quinn's twin brother, encounters Christabel, Lucy's cousin, and slowly falls in love with her poetic words. The fifth and sixth book were simply a mixture of point of views, yet still full of action and romance.

I know some of you probably think that this is the typical Twilight vampire copy, it's not. At first when I saw this series I didn't expect much, but as soon as I met the characters, understood the plot... well, I couldn't put it down! You will be sucked into a crazy world where you will realise not no where is safe, and that the only place you can be protected is with the gorgeous Drake family. There is action, a ton of mysteries, kick-butt characters and LOADS of romance! How could you say no to that?

In this last book, Solange is being possessed by a strange girl, she doesn't know why and she doesn't know how, all she knows is that she must find a way to get back to her family and search for a way to destroy the soul sharing her body. Meanwhile, back at the Drake house, Lucy, the Drake family and Solange's human boyfriend Kieran, are trying to understand why Solange is suddenly on a killing rampage. Together they must find a way to get to Solange... without anyone getting killed on the way.

Solange is the only girl in the Drake family and it seems that everyone is after her. Poor girl. In this book, we follow her as she battles her demons and attempts to sort her life out. But how can she be truly happy when her boyfriend probably hates her? Kieran is the one bright spot in her life and she can't help but worry that he may not feel the same way. Kieran is so sweet though. I mean, he would go jump in front of a train for her! *Bruno Mars' Grenade playing in the background* I was rooting for a happy ending between them for ages.

I didn't want to give away too much about the book considering that it's the last book and some of you guys out there don't want spoilers if you have yet to read the start the series. If you love paranormal romance about vampires with a good kick then I don't think I could recommend any series that is as good as this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Prophecy.

July 27, 2012 – Shelved