DAISY DISNEY's Reviews > The Lincoln Conspiracy

The Lincoln Conspiracy by Timothy L. O'Brien

Jul 27, 2012

bookshelves: given-by-publisher, historical-fiction, cozy-mystery

Note- I received an advanced reader’s copy of this book from the publisher.

This book was filled with a lot of action! I loved it! It was a great read and one of the things that I enjoyed the most while reading this book was the time setting of the story. I love historical fiction when it is written like this. The author really was descriptive in the surroundings that I could visualize the location of where everything was taking place. There was mystery throughout the whole story up until the very end I was kept on my toes with the suspense.

There was also some gore which I love, when corpses were described, or some of the shootings. One of the interesting historical facts that I read in the book was on the soldiers coming back from war & being addicted to Opium. It makes me more interested in that subject and I think I will read up more on that. As this isn’t the first time I have heard that as a fact.

My favorite character was Fiona. I found her to be a kick butt woman who stood her ground and backed up her man!

I highly recommend this book to readers who like action, mystery, suspense & historical fiction. The Lincoln Conspiracy has all of that wrapped up into one book. I do look forward to reading future books by this author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Conspiracy.

July 27, 2012 – Shelved
August 14, 2012 – Shelved as: given-by-publisher
August 21, 2012 – Started Reading
August 21, 2012 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
August 21, 2012 –
0.0% "I won this advanced copy from a Goodreads giveaway & I look forwrd to starting it tonight!!"
August 22, 2012 –