Christina's Reviews > Love, Hypothetically

Jul 27, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: m-m-romance, sports
Read from May 06 to 07, 2013

I never really liked Paul but he was an interesting character. I was hoping for more development in this book, but it fell flat. We were told what happens to Paul when he was in high school but we weren't given enough time to feel his pain. Everything got back to the present day and worked itself out far too quickly. I'm glad I understand him more and it was fun seeing Sebastian, Brad, and Toby again but other than that it I had very little connection to Paul or even Trevor for that matter.

Also, the humor was toned down a lot in this book and that's what I absolutely love the most in Tenino's books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Hypothetically.

05/06/2013 marked as: currently-reading
05/07/2013
40.0% "Not as good as the first." 1 comment
05/07/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Ilhem (new)

Ilhem I'll pass, the humor was the reason I liked the 1st book and it wasn't a 4 stars 'like'...

Christina Yeah, this did not have the punch that the first one had.

message 3: by Ilhem (new)

Ilhem Did you read something else by Anne Tenino?

message 4: by Christina (last edited May 07, 2013 11:56AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christina I read the first 2 Whitetail Rock series. They are shorts and both are free. They were good but my favorite was 18% Gray. I would read some reviews first because if her humor is borderline for you, this might not be the best match. I thought it was an extremely clever and well written.

message 5: by Ilhem (new)

Ilhem I had no problem with her humor in Frat boy and Toppy. I'll have a look at 18% Gray. Thanks.

Christina Oh good then hopfully you'll like this one :)

message 7: by Baba (new)

Baba  I was never keen on reading this one. I'll pass. ;-)

Sandra Well said!

Christina Sandra wrote: "Well said!"

Thanks Sandra!