Karen's Reviews > Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know

Think Again by Adam M. Grant

190448

liked it

This book is about being open minded, reassessing your beliefs/thoughts/convictions. He highlights the importance of listening and really being curious about other person's thoughts/arguments. Being open to other viewpoints. Being willing to be wrong. Adjusting and learning. He also talks about the complexity of most issues and how we like to oversimplify and make them binary and that leaning into the gray is more valuable for learning, growing and listening. Especially by leaning into areas of agreement.

There's a whole section about careers and being willing to be open and experiment that really resonated with me. I am certainly doing something I knew nothing about in college and wouldn't have been able to imagine for myself. He talks about the importance of experimentation and checking in with yourself and making sure what you thought was/is making you happy is still the same thing.

While there wasn't much earth-shattering in this book (except that the boiling frog story is not true!!) I still enjoyed the reminders to be open minded and that most issues are more complex than not. that there's always some common ground. that fewer arguments are stronger and better and it's always always a good idea to reevaluate regularly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think Again.

January 17, 2021 – Shelved