Julie 's Reviews > How to Frame a Fashionista

How to Frame a Fashionista by Debra Sennefelder

bookshelves: 2021

How to Frame a Fashionista by Debra Sennefelder is a 2020 Kensington publication.

Kelly is discovering that business ownership can be one challenge after another. Although, her fashion boutique/consignment shop was doing okay, it looks like she’s going to need a new roof. The fun just never stops.

However, Kelly does have a new client, a popular wellness/fitness blogger, named Tawny, who is ready to unload some of her designer belongings. Kelly soon realizes that Tawny has a connection to her arch nemesis- Serena Dawson. When Tawny is murdered, Serena becomes the prime suspect. Despite their history, Serena has the nerve to ask for Kelly’s help in clearing her name…

Meanwhile, Kelly struggles to come up with the cash for a new roof, as she begins to have doubts about her lawyer boyfriend, Mark, all while continuing to dodge her uncle and his constant pressure on her to sell the shop.

This episode in the “Resale Boutique’ series is jam packed with revelations and developments. Kelly is certain, despite her experiences with Serena, that she didn’t murder Tawny.

This means that, although she knows she’s going to catch grief from Mark, and his sister, who is a member of law enforcement, and not a big fan of Kelly’s, she is still going to do whatever it takes to find out who the real murderer is.

Kelly’s character is a hoot! While she has some silly thoughts at times, there’s more depth there than appears on the surface. I think of her as a character still in development.

The story has a brisk pace, which kept me on my toes trying to guess who the killer was. The mystery is well-balanced with Kelly’s personal life and business woes. This is a fun, light, cozy mystery, and I’ve enjoyed all three of the full- length novels in the series- so I’ll definitely be back for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Frame a Fashionista.

January 17, 2021 – Shelved
January 17, 2021 – Shelved as: to-read
March 26, 2021 – Started Reading
March 26, 2021 – Shelved as: 2021
May 30, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina Sounds like a cute one and very laid back. We need those kind of books sometimes. A delightful review sweet Julie! 💟🌷

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader This does sound like a fun series, Julie! Wonderful review!

Julie Tina wrote: "Sounds like a cute one and very laid back. We need those kind of books sometimes. A delightful review sweet Julie! 💟🌷"

Thanks so much, Tina!! Yes, we do! I've been enjoying a few lighter reads lately! 💖

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "This does sound like a fun series, Julie! Wonderful review!"

Thank so much, Jennifer!! 💖

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Lovely review Julie ♥️

Julie Maureen wrote: "Lovely review Julie ♥️"

Thanks so much, Maureen!! 💖

message 7: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Fabulous review Julie! Sounds great!💖

message 8: by Yun (new)

Yun This sounds fun, Julie! So glad you enjoyed! Fab review! :)

Julie Kaceey wrote: "Fabulous review Julie! Sounds great!💖"

Thank you very much, Kaceey!! 💖

Julie Yun wrote: "This sounds fun, Julie! So glad you enjoyed! Fab review! :)"

Thank you very much, Yun!! It was fun! 💖

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Julie! <3

Julie Deanna wrote: "Great review, Julie! <3"

Many thanks, dear Deanna! 💖

message 13: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous review, Julie! Glad you had fun reading this!

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fabulous review, Julie! Glad you had fun reading this!"

Many thanks, dear Meredith! It's a fun series! 💖

message 15: by Libby (new)

Libby Great review, Julie! This sounds like a fun book :-)

Julie Libby wrote: "Great review, Julie! This sounds like a fun book :-)"

Thank you very much, Libby!! It was! 💖

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula Terrific review, Julie!

Julie Paula wrote: "Terrific review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, dear Paula!! 💖

message 19: by Dolores (new)

Dolores I love cozies. Great review. Thank you.

message 20: by Regina (new)

Regina Sounds really cute. Helpful review, Julie! I hadn't heard of this series before.

Julie Dolores wrote: "I love cozies. Great review. Thank you."

Thank you very much, Dolores!! I do too! 💖

Julie Regina wrote: "Sounds really cute. Helpful review, Julie! I hadn't heard of this series before."

Thanks so much, Regina!! 💖