Lindsay Kendal's Reviews > Blood Amalgam

Blood Amalgam by Corey Sondrup

bookshelves: cover-art-by-me, series-in-progress, reviewed

Now yes my name is on this book, but that doesn't mean for one minute that this review is bias. The author knows I will only tell the truth be it bad or good. I have reviewed a lot of books and all are brutally honest.

I read this book while in its rough draft, and I loved it. I suggested some changes to help the story flow better, and am now looking forward to reading it again and seeing how the author has changed certain things, and how it reads this time around. The characters are instantly likeable, and I now have a girls name in mind for if I have a daughter in the future. Yes I will name my daughter after a character in this book, Gretchen.

The story is rather deep and you are given lots of information on the characters lives, both past and present. Sometimes I did have to take a step back and think 'whoa', then read a certain paragraph again so that I had the history of some of the characters stored in my brain.

This story is also like none I've ever read before, which made it a refreshing read. Beautiful settings, great characters, myths, legends and beautiful settings, Plus! kick ass females instead of needy, moaning ones, make for one hell of read. I can't wait for the second and hope Corey Sondrup doesn't keep us waiting too long.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Amalgam.

Finished Reading