UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Seduction and Snacks is one of - if not the - funniest book I’ve ever read. It’s an irreverent look at single parenting, dating, finding true love and… well, it’s a story about so much!

Claire and Carter are a great couple. I loved that there was NOT a bunch of drama… loved that Carter took on his role of father without hesitation, and those ‘becoming a parent’ moments were some of the funniest scenes ever written. Gavin is a precocious, too-smart-for-his-own-good four year old with a potty mouth that doesn’t quit. The things that kid says are insightful while at the same time, funny as all get-out.

Edited to add: If there's a downside to the book it's that while reading, I often wondered if Claire did nothing to shelter Gavin from her own unparentlike behaviors. When I allowed myself to think deeply about parts of the story, parts like what I mentioned and the amount of drinking/alcohol consumption going on... yeah, not the best storyline to have such a young kid in. But when I just read it for the entertainment value, I couldn't put it down or stop laughing.

The bottom line – this book had me laughing so hard I was crying. Middle of the night, wake up the whole family because I was l laughing so hard I was screeching. If you’re looking for a story that won’t leave you emotionally drained, one that will leave you with a smile on your face, and the only tears come from laughing so hard you ache, then definitely read Seduction and Snacks. You won’t be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

July 26, 2012 – Shelved
August 20, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 16, 2013 – Shelved as: own-have-read
November 22, 2015 – Shelved as: funny-witty-dialog
November 22, 2015 – Shelved as: funny-sexy-romantic

Vicki Great review, I enjoyed this one as well! :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Vicki!

I haven't laughed this hard reading a book in forever. Maybe never.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Kellie. I'm surprised by the negative reviews, and yet, I'm not. It's taking a child and putting it in a really grown up world. I often wondered if Claire did nothing to shelter Gavin from her own unparentlike behaviors. When I allowed myself to think deeply about parts of the story, parts like what I mentioned and the amount of drinking/alcohol consumption going on... yeah, not the best storyline to have such a young kid in.

Dominique Great review! I just started this morning. Wishing I didn't have to work today. :)

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Aug 20, 2012 08:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Dominique!! I hope you really enjoy it!

Kristen I'm glad this book put a smile on you're face and made you laugh. Nicely said, my sweet friend.

message 7: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Great review Dhes! This is one book that seems to have such a strange mix of reviews! LOL!

Duchess Nicole Great review, Dhes! I'll give this one a go when I'm in the mood. It's always the over the top books that have such love/hate reviews. Maybe this is just one you have to experience :).

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Kristen wrote: "I'm glad this book put a smile on you're face and made you laugh. Nicely said, my sweet friend."

Thanks, doll. *hugs*

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish ~V~ wrote: "Great review Dhes! This is one book that seems to have such a strange mix of reviews! LOL!"

It does! LOL!!! It's a love/hate book, that's for sure.

Thank you!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Duchess Nicole wrote: "Great review, Dhes! I'll give this one a go when I'm in the mood. It's always the over the top books that have such love/hate reviews. Maybe this is just one you have to experience :)."

Oh, OTT for sure! It could have been a stand-up comedy, but I can totally see why it wouldn't work for a lot of people.

Thank you!!!

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Fab review Dhes! I love it when a book, can make you laugh so hard, that you nearly pee your pants, hehe.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Wendy!! This one did that, for sure! Love it!!!

Monique ~ Sinfully Love the review Dhes.....added:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Monique! I hope you love it, too!

message 16: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Wonderful review sweet friend! I love books that make me laugh and I'm going to try this one:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Kat! Funny, funny, FUNNY book!

Lorelle I just read this and it was funny in the extreme! I agree about the alcohol consumption. She drank frequently and to excess. Usually kids get over that stage in college...

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I agree, Lorelle. I get she's a young, single parent, but the way they all drank, seems to me they should be in meetings, not bars.

KindleRomance Reviews Wonderful review! I love to laugh so I will have to give this a try!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Kris! I hope you love it, too!

Melanie I loved this book too Dhes! Simply hilarious! Great review :)

message 23: by Keri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keri Great review Dhes, I will have to give this a look.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Melanie and Keri! I kept hearing people say it was funny... but humor is one of those personal taste things, you know? Wow... seriously laughed so hard I ached. Definitely a re-read book.

Laura (Kyahgirl) you mention the 'laugh until you cry' aspect....I was laughing with tears running down my face and my teenaged daughter says 'whats so funny in your book mom?' I was stumped....now I know not to read it around young minds LOL. very funny book.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Laura (Kyahgirl) wrote: "you mention the 'laugh until you cry' aspect....I was laughing with tears running down my face and my teenaged daughter says 'whats so funny in your book mom?' I was stumped....now I know not to r..."

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep! Totally! Mine are 19 and 21, and I woke them and my husband up in the middle of the night because I was laughing so hard I was squealing! LOLOL!

Carin I am so glad you warned me about the laughing out loud part. I thought for sure that I could contain myself... but no way can you do that with this book! Great review and I am so glad I read the story... so thank you!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish HAHah!! Thank you, you're welcome! And "told ya so!!!"

message 29: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Agreed, funniest book ever!

Karla Great review Dhes! I have this on the Kindle and must find the time to read it.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you. Karla! It's a fun story. I hope you enjoy it, too!

Paula Great review Dhes. I read this book too and never stoped laughing. Such a sense of humor. I bought the other two books but haven't read them yet.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Paula wrote: "Great review Dhes. I read this book too and never stoped laughing. Such a sense of humor. I bought the other two books but haven't read them yet."

Thanks, Paula! I remember being up in the middle of the night, laying in bed, laughing so hard I ached. So funny!