Linda Bond's Reviews > The End of Your Life Book Club

Jul 26, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: general-fiction
Read in July, 2012

As a book club coordinator and leader, I can testify that there are many reasons for starting a book group. Some clubs are centered on reading the latest cutting-edge fiction in order to stay up with the times. Others are an excuse to get together socially, perhaps in a restaurant, and tip a few while “discussing” the month’s selection. But this was the first time I heard of starting a book club because someone was dying. I mean, the membership is sure to drop in quick order, right? As unusual as this may sound, however, this is the story of what can happen when two (or more) people get together around a few book titles and find their relationship expanding even as the physical world seems to be shrinking. Warm, heart-breaking, uplifting, and ultimately true – this is one for everyone to try. But don’t be surprised if you find yourself wanting to start a group of your own. The End of Your Life Book Club has just that kind of power.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End of Your Life Book Club.

10/29/2016 marked as: read