Karla's Reviews > The Dark Highlander

The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

“Keep an open mind and heart, because I can tell you one thing for sure: when these Keltars love, they love completely and forever."

5 Deliciously Dark Stars!! I am completely and forever in love with the MacKeltars! This book is not as light-hearted as the first book, or rather book 4, Kiss of the Highlander. However, it has the right balance of romance, fun, passion, a to-die-for hero and a heroine that has the strength, compassion, and desire to not only save her man and but bring him to his knees!!

In order to save his brother and allow him to re-unite with his true love, Dageus did the unthinkable and traveled back in time to save Drustan’s life. He now wages an internal battle against the evil that will inevitably consume him and wreak havoc on the world. Chloe walks into his life and “under” his bed and wreaks havoc with his heart!

Dageus feels the pull of the evil within him, but like the true hero he is, he fights it, keeps it at bay and does it with his “Chloe-lass” at his side. OMG…every time he called her that….swoon!! These Highlanders with their Scottish brogue and unique take on words and phrases just melt me into a puddle of goo! He is so charming, has a darky delicious bad-boy air about him, but wears his heart on his sleeve, and “toops” with un-relenting passion! RAWRRRRRR!! Chloe might be tiny in stature, but she’s big on heart, determination and burns up the meadow, pond, sheets…whatever with Dageus and the love that they have for each other makes their “bedplay” all the more sweet.

”This thief covets but one priceless treasure: You.”

We get to see our favorite characters from Dageus’ past and present life when he brings Chloe to his homeland and travels back in time. Silvan and Nell’s story had a huge presence and impact in the book. Absolutely freakin’ wonderful!! The time spent with Drustan and Gwen was like being with old friends and seeing the life they are living just warmed me to my toes… *sigh* !! The Dark Highlander is rich in dialogue, offers a captivating, heartwarming story, and an ending that is guaranteed to satisfy romance lovers everywhere!! I can’t recommend this book enough!

Thank you again to Kristen for knowing what I needed and encouraging me to read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Highlander.

Quotes Karla Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“The kiss....was not meant to seduce, it was meant to mark a woman's soul.

Chloe”

Karen Marie Moning
“I am going to love you now, slow and sweet, but when you come, I'm going to f*** you the way I need to. The way I've been dreaming about since the moment I saw you.”
tags: sexy

Karen Marie Moning
“You've been doing something bad since the moment you met me, lass.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Life isn't always fair, lass, but that doesn't mean it can't still be sweet."- Dageus”

July 26, 2012 – Started Reading
July 26, 2012 – Shelved
July 26, 2012 –
5.0% "Daegus MacKelter you sexy thing, I yearn for you to call me Karla-lass!! It won't happen, but I can dream *sigh*"
July 26, 2012 –
8.0% ""Gingerly, with thumb and tip of forefinger, she flung a black lace thong out from under the bed. Eww. Condom wrapper. Condom wrapper. Condom wrapper. Sheesh! How many people lived here? Magnum, the wrapper advertised smugly, for the Extra-Large Man. Chloe blinked."\n \n One guy Chloe, just one, and he is...delicious!! LMAO!!"
July 27, 2012 –
45.0% "Different than the last book, but no less amazing! Deageus...Drustan, give a woman a heart attack why don't you?! It's too much!! *swooooon*"
July 27, 2012 –
49.0% ""I'm not going to toss my virginity at your charming feet just because you're the most gorgeous, fascinating man I've ever met and I happen to like your last name. Those are not good enough reasons."\n \n YES THEY ARE!!! GO FOR IT!!"
July 28, 2012 –
71.0% "Oh Dageus, what have you done to me?!?!\n Photobucket"
July 28, 2012 –
80.0% "Oh Chloe, how embarrassing, but so sweet! Go with it!"
July 28, 2012 –
87.0% "Time traveling + Dageus=Raw passionate animal sex!! Hot damn...find me some stones!!"
July 28, 2012 –
100.0% "A big huge satisfying *SIGH*!"
July 28, 2012 – Shelved as: 2-love-stories
July 28, 2012 – Shelved as: wonderful-secondary-characters
July 28, 2012 – Shelved as: yummy-men
July 28, 2012 – Shelved as: hot-highlander
July 28, 2012 – Finished Reading

Karla Steffi wrote: "LOL:) I have to catch up on this series. Going to start with Kiss of the Highlander soon!"

You are going to really enjoy this series!

Kimberly Graham Wow, now you've got my attention!

KindleRomance Reviews You're so funny! I loved this series.

Karla Kimberly wrote: "Wow, now you've got my attention!"

Hey Kim...I think you would love this series!!

Karla Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "You're so funny! I loved this series."

I distinctly remember you telling me about it and did I listen...NOOOOOOOOOO!! I should listen to you!

KindleRomance Reviews LOL! I feel the same way about all of the books you've suggested to me that I still haven't gotten to!

Wendy LOL, I love that status update Karla!

message 8: by Splage (new) - added it

Splage Do you have to read these in order because this one sounds really good right now? I have the whole series and read a few years ago, got distracted with life and see now it is time to start again.

Karla Splage wrote: "Do you have to read these in order because this one sounds really good right now? I have the whole series and read a few years ago, got distracted with life and see now it is time to start again."

You know how I am about reading in order Splage, but Kristen told you can read book 4-6 without missing anything from the first 3 books. I read book 4 and loved it. Start there first. It was fabulous, and I think my review said it all!

message 10: by Quynh (new) - added it

Quynh Your statuses and comments make me want to start this series immediately even though I'm still reading other ones! Going to add this to my list.

Karla Quynh wrote: "Your statuses and comments make me want to start this series immediately even though I'm still reading other ones! Going to add this to my list."

You won't regret it Quynh!

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Muses What paranormal elements are in the story(ies)? I am not a big fan of PNR, but so many rave reviews have me intrigued.

Karla Erin wrote: "What paranormal elements are in the story(ies)? I am not a big fan of PNR, but so many rave reviews have me intrigued."

There is time-traveling, and some magic. The MacKeltars are Druids.

Maddux Dageus is my favorite MacKeltar.

Karla Maddux wrote: "Dageus is my favorite MacKeltar."

I'm having a hard time choosing!

Maddux Karla wrote: "Maddux wrote: "Dageus is my favorite MacKeltar."

I'm having a hard time choosing!"

True. All the MacKeltars are scrummy. Dageous was not a LAFS for me... it took me a long time to warm up to him.

Kristen I can't wait to read your review!

Lindsay Yay, 5 Stars!!!! I can't wait to read your review!

Kristen Aww. Thank you so much for the shout out. You've rec'd me so many wonderful books that I'm just happy I could introduce you to these books book. I'm so glad they're what you needed. Fantastic review, Karla.

Lindsay Great review Karla! I'm glad you loved it. :D

Karla Kristen wrote: "Aww. Thank you so much for the shout out. You've rec'd me so many wonderful books that I'm just happy I could introduce you to these books book. I'm so glad they're what you needed. Fantastic revie..."

Thanks Kristen, I just love these books in this series!

Karla Lindsay wrote: "Great review Karla! I'm glad you loved it. :D"

Thanks Lindsay! I've got some new boys to love and Alyssa can't have them!!

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️ LOL....You hear that Alyssa?

message 24: by Lindsay (last edited Jul 31, 2012 06:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Great review Karla! I'm glad you loved it. :D"

Thanks Lindsay! I've got some new boys to love and Alyssa can't have them!!"

Lol. I don't want anyone to tell her about these books! I'M NOT SHARING DAGEUS WITH HER!!!!!! That's where I dray the line. We'll have to pull out the big guns if she ever tries to claim the MacKeltar men!

I don't mind sharing with everyone else, but she's greedy when it comes to these heroes!

Wendy Awesome review Karla! Loving this one, kind of dark but Dageus....GRRRRRRRRRR!

message 26: by Karla (last edited Jul 31, 2012 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karla Lindsay wrote: "Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Great review Karla! I'm glad you loved it. :D"

Thanks Lindsay! I've got some new boys to love and Alyssa can't have them!!"

Lol. I don't want anyone to tell her abou..."

I will only share with this small circle of friends. If she tries to push her way in, we have to shove her to the ground!! I might have to break out Samurai Squirrel!!

Karla Wendy wrote: "Awesome review Karla! Loving this one, kind of dark but Dageus....GRRRRRRRRRR!"

Thanks Wendy...I can feel the rumble of your growl all the way over here!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I always look forward to reading your reviews Karla! Another awesome one.

Lindsay Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Great review Karla! I'm glad you loved it. :D"

Thanks Lindsay! I've got some new boys to love and Alyssa can't have them!!"

Lol. I don't want anyone ..."

I've already got Yoda ready to go and I'm looking for reinforcements!

Karla Anna wrote: "Great review! Dageus is one of the sexiest man I have ever encountered in a book or in real life!"

Thank you, he's the total package!!

Karla Ezz wrote: "I always look forward to reading your reviews Karla! Another awesome one."

Thanks Ezz...I just loved this book and sometimes I get carried away!

Lindsay Karla wrote: "Ezz wrote: "I always look forward to reading your reviews Karla! Another awesome one."

Thanks Ezz...I just loved this book and sometimes I get carried away!"

You never get carried away Karla. Your review are always perfect! :D

Karla Lindsay wrote: "Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Great review Karla! I'm glad you loved it. :D"

Lol. I don'..."

Excellent, we need to be prepared for that crazy fictional boyfriend stealing Alyssa!

message 34: by Carisa (new)

Carisa This has been forever in my TBR pile

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay I agree, you have to read this Carisa. The series is amazing.

Karla Carisa wrote: "This has been forever in my TBR pile"

Read this series, but start with book 4 if you do. It was recommended to me to do that by Kristen and so many others, and they knew what they were talking about!

Karla Ezz wrote: "You def don't get carried away, Karla. I look forward to your reviews. They all make me giggle!"

Thanks Ezz, I have fun writing them.

Blacky *Romance Addict* "These Highlanders with their Scottish brogue and unique take on words and phrases just melt me into a puddle of goo!"

I kind of imagine Gerard Butler speaking <3 Oh how I love his accent <3

Karla Blacky wrote: ""These Highlanders with their Scottish brogue and unique take on words and phrases just melt me into a puddle of goo!"

I kind of imagine Gerard Butler speaking <3 Oh how I love his accent <3"

Me too...I love his accent!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with that ladies... I'm so in love with Gerard Butler! *swoon*

MelissaB Great review, I am glad you and Blacky are discovering my favorite Highlanders!

Karla MelissaB wrote: "Great review, I am glad you and Blacky are discovering my favorite Highlanders!"

Thanks Melissa! These books and these Highlanders are truly unique and very special!!

KatLynne Great review Karla! So glad you are loving these Highlanders. They are some of my faves:)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh my! Yummy!!!

Karla KatLynne wrote: "Great review Karla! So glad you are loving these Highlanders. They are some of my faves:)"

Thank you KatLynne and yes, it was wonderful, they are wonderful and these books rank high in the feel good factor!

Karla Anna wrote: "Mmmm Gerard Butler! Yes please!

"

Nummy nummy!

message 48: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Great review sweetie!....Am looking forward to this!

Karla Dee wrote: "Great review sweetie!....Am looking forward to this!"

Thanks Dee! I look forward to you reading it...LOL!

I'm still looking for you!

message 50: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Karla wrote: "You Brits are doing an outstanding job with the Olympics! I've been watching as much as I can, and it's nice to see when the host country does such a nice job with the venues and ceremonies. I also loved seeing the pics of your royals enjoying the games. That pic of William hugging Kate was so sweet, and of course any picture of Harry is a good one!!
I'm still looking for you!."

Don't mean to blow our own trumpet but yes I do think we have put on a fabulous games so far. The opening ceremony was fab and very well done, the venues have been stunning and the events well organised. The crowds have been fantastic too and pleased to see them all out cheering on our competitors as well as those from other countries that are doing well. I also did my part during the mens cycle road race, I was out there cheering on team GB....Shame Cav didn't win as expected but at least Bradley went on to win the time trials a couple of days later.

William and Harry are good lads, a real credit to their mother. They are both 'down to earth' and approachable which is what the royals needed! They are fantastic ambassadors for GB and they are also really funny and a pair of comedians! We have also been amazed at how many events they have attended between them, it just seems that everytime the camera pans through the crowd they are there and of course sometimes Kate is there too - I think William & Kate are gonna make fantastic King & Queen!....Seems strange saying King ha ha.

« previous 1