Melanie's Reviews > Geekomancy

Geekomancy by Michael R. Underwood

Jul 26, 2012

liked it

This book I felt was a little slow to start. You learnt so much about Ree to give you a feel for her there was no real action until Clint came into the picture. However, once Clint appeared as did the action and more humour.

I love Ree's relationship with her dad and especially loved the references to films - especially the Princess Bride, one of my favourite classic films (Couldn't agree more with Ree's love or description of the film!).

This book won't be for everything; for starters you have to get used to the D&D character analysis' as you meet them. Sometimes you are left with an information overload and some references may be things you just don't 'get' less you are into that kind of thing.

I did enjoy the book, but I didn't love it. The story is good, I loved the battle scenes, the humour and the characters - what I didn't like (At times) was the descriptive methods as they were on too long - for some I'm sure they would be just right.

I give this book 3 stars and feel that people mid 20's upwards will appreciate it more but only for the references to Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars and other classics - others will enjoy it but a lot of stuff I feel may be lost on them.

Review also featured on my blog - http://www.bewitchedbooks.co.uk/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geekomancy.

July 26, 2012 – Started Reading