Lei's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Jul 25, 2012

bookshelves: 2012

Review originally posted in my blog: charmedlass: thoughts under the radar

My first book of Tammara Webber and because of this, she has become one of my new favorite authors.

Right off the bat, Easy started with a bang. I was quite surprised because I was hoping for a lighthearted and easy read (yes, pun intended) but what I got was a story who was obviously going to tackle a sensitive issue. The first scene did leave me a bit uncomfortable but I must admit that it instantly gripped me as well.

Easy is a love story at its very core, no doubt. Jacqueline and Lucas are just so cute together. Jacqueline has had her heart broken and just had a frightening experience but I admire how after she wallowed on her miseries, she stood up and confront the situation head on. The novel presents the female lead with a journey of self-discovery and self-empowerment.

Lucas on the other hand, also had his heart broken –albeit not romantically. His soul had been damaged by a situation that occurred during his childhood in which he certainly had no control of. However, he still carries the guilt on his shoulder. This made him a very tortured human being.

From the very beginning, I think it was also obvious that Landon is Lucas and that the author did not really attempt to conceal it.

And have I said that this book is smoldering? Seriously, I think I have scars from the burns. Jacqueline and Lucas are not only cute together but so damn hot! The mature scenes are done tastefully and will just make you sigh and fall in love with the couple more.

At the end, the sensitive issue was handled very well and maturely and the novel ended with a very satisfying conclusion.

Conclusion:

Wow, just wow. The story is gripping, even more so is the storytelling. The emotions are so true and just pull you in. Easy to read, hard to put down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

July 25, 2012 – Started Reading