Don Watkins's Reviews > Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants

Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer

12282003

This is an exceptional book. It reads more like a meditation or series of meditations on the Indigenous wisdom, science, botany and plants. If you are interested in the climate and the future of the planet than this is a must read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Braiding Sweetgrass.

Quotes Don Liked

Robin Wall Kimmerer
“Two little girls step forward with arms linked and take up the words again: We give thanks to all of the waters of the world for quenching our thirst, for providing strength and nurturing life for all beings. We know its power in many forms—waterfalls and rain, mists and streams, rivers and oceans, snow and ice. We are grateful that the waters are still here and meeting their responsibility to the rest of Creation. Can we agree that water is important to our lives and bring our minds together as one to send greetings and thanks to the Water? Now our minds are one.”
Robin Wall Kimmerer, Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants

January 14, 2021 – Started Reading