Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > Hacienda Moon

Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra Leigh

** spoiler alert ** This book makes me feel a little conflicted.

What was with Abby's role? It seemed like she should have been more involved somehow, but all she did was accuse Tandie of things for no reason and without any evidence. Why did she implicate Tandie in her attack? I don't get that shit.

Shania was bat shit insane, blaming a six year-old for that shit that happened long ago. How was it Tandie's fault that Chelsea got raped and killed and Shania and Gus got tortured? I guess being a psycho is the reasoning for that. Even if Tandie had still been in the cabin, though, it was the teenagers' faults for locking her in there. That part just threw me. I was wondering how they were going to tie that end scene to what all was going on. Seriously, it almost had no connection. I don't think the reincarnation was necessary. Just the fact that they were descendants would have been enough.

The book was creepy, so that tone was done pretty well. Tandie wasn't bad for a heroine and Eric was a decent hero. Saul's sudden good guyness was frickin' weird, though. I couldn't get with that. I didn't really connect with any of these characters, though. I did want to know wtf was going on, so that's what kept me reading.

I'm not sure yet if I will read the next book. I might. The ending of this one seemed abrupt and kind of rushed to me, though. Eric was a bit too gullible for me. And was the character assassination of Virgil really necessary? In the end, that didn't really matter for shit at all and Abby's character was pretty much not needed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hacienda Moon.

08/26/2012
8.0% "Looks like I'm not going to like jealous Abby at all."
08/26/2012
17.0% "The folks around here don't seem to like you too much, Tandie."
08/26/2012
24.0% "I sure hope she hurries up and realizes that this chick is a ghost."
08/26/2012
25.0% "Trying not to pay too much attention to it, but there have been a couple of instances of a character's name being switched so far."
08/26/2012
27.0% "Why exactly is he talking to her about what happened at the Aeneid before the police have if she's a supposed suspect?"
08/26/2012
51.0% "Tandie better stop fucking around and pissing off that little crazy ass Ella chick. Talk about a psycho."
08/26/2012
66.0% "She was pregnant again after just having a baby two months before? Fertile."
08/26/2012
68.0% "Why are the police just now showing up to talk to her? They should have spoken to her months ago!"
08/26/2012
72.0% "Should have known there was some reincarnation in here."
08/26/2012
72.0% "Should have known there was some reincarnation in here."
79.0% "Finally."
08/26/2012
81.0% "Ugh! Stupid girl! If she runs off by herself when he made her promise not to, I'm gonna scream."
08/26/2012
82.0% "Please tell me he doesn't seriously believe now that Tandie actually did it?"
08/26/2012
85.0% "So wait. Is the Minerva that Tandie met at that store actually Mary Jean? I remember her being referred to as Mary Jean a different time. Confusing."
08/26/2012
89.0% "Not the least bit surprised to discover that Shania had something to do with all this crap."
08/26/2012
89.0% "These people are gullible as hell. No surprise Gus is in on it, too. Of course they gathered your asses up to get rid of the people that could end whatever it is they're doing."
08/26/2012
91.0% "Shania is just crazy. She can't blame Tandie-who was six-for being locked in a cabin by much older teenagers and for her sister growing a last minute conscience and getting raped. This is boggling my mind."
08/26/2012
92.0% "Why is Tandie apologizing? She was 6! They locked her in an abandoned cabin with a monster! How was she to know they were gonna come back and let her out? She has no right to be so psycho and angry. And it seems Ella really wasn't a ghost. Just a psycho."