Cindi's Reviews > No Good Deed

No Good Deed by Lynn Lorenz

Jul 25, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, nook-paid, m-m
Read on July 31, 2012 — I own a copy

Wow, this was good. Really good.

Dan Chan. Gotta love it.

Daniel is a Chinese American police captain in a small town. He's bisexual though he keeps that to himself. Mark is an openly gay man who Daniel meets at the scene of a police involved shooting that was precipitated by someone going after Mark on the road. Mark has secrets that any kind of publicity can bring to the forefront so it is Dan's job to keep Mark out of the spotlight. They form an instant bond but Mark's past has made him into a frightened, sheltered man. Dan has to have a lot of patience in order to gain Mark's trust so that he can love again. There are hookers, sleezy politicians, past domestic abuse, an ex with an ax to grind, and one very disturbed police captain.

Dan is perfect. His sense of humor is hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud during some of his internal (and external) conversations. With Mark, you just want to hug him and protect him from the big, bad world.

Normally if I read m/m, I don't want any females honing in on my male hero. In this case, it was necessary in order for the story to unfold. Did I like that part of the book? Nope. I didn't like it one bit. But without this particular female, no way would the rest of the story have happened. And that would have been a total waste because this is one hell of a story.

Like other readers, I would love to see a quickie in regards to Mark and Daniel just to see them a little bit down road. The ending of this was perfect, but I would love to see where they are later.

Overall, an excellent story by an author I don't think I've read before. I will definitely be checking out her back list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Good Deed.