Andrew Nedelchev's Reviews > The God I Don't Understand: Reflections on Tough Questions of Faith

The God I Don't Understand by Christopher J.H. Wright
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The God I Don't Understand.

July 24, 2012 – Started Reading
July 25, 2012 – Shelved
July 25, 2012 – Shelved as: nedelchevs-private-library
August 2, 2012 –
page 36
16.07% "Started unconvincingly verbose (in my opinion) but is nicely getting to the point. It's a helpful book but a bit too diplomatic for my taste at times. :-)"
August 2, 2012 –
page 38
16.96% "The book is getting better as I read. So far in the discussion of the origins of evil I am getting the sense that it reveals predominantly the approach of a systematic theologian rather than a biblical one. Will see..."
September 27, 2012 –
page 49
21.88% "I like his conclusions. The earth being cursed does not necessarily mean that something radically changed in the structure of the planet as a result of the Fall. He does not argue in details to support this conclusion but I am in agreement. Also, even though the Bible pronounces some "natural" disasters to have been a judgment from God, we are not at liberty to claim that all natural disasters are a case of judgment."
January 30, 2013 –
page 76
33.93% "The book started slow and unremarkable but Wright is picking up speed. I like his conversational style. At the same time there's enough content (and endnotes) to keep me thinking. Definitely not a waste of my time."
March 19, 2013 –
page 200
89.29% "The ideas are profound, the style inviting, and the humbleness and honesty attractive. His approach is rather canonical and theological and that is good. I still need engagement with source and form criticism though."
August 17, 2013 – Finished Reading