Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Rise for Her

Rise for Her by Milana Jacks

liked it
bookshelves: 2021

I am loyal to Milana Jacks because she's true to SoCal. I mean that her stories tend to be set in my stomping grounds.

Rise for Her is a Futuristic Sci-Fi-Romance that plays with the idea of us effing up the earth, and one another, to the point that the ice age is here and we are now cyborgs. Oh, and Mother Nature created dragons to counteract the woe of dumb humans.

When bratty Selena Salazar's back is against the wall, and her upcoming betrothal looks water-tight and no longer avoidable, she does the only thing she can--she runs away to appeal to the nearest Dragon to seek sanctuary.
Do I sound judgy? I might be judgy. Selena is a brat.

Sometimes your Dragon pees on the company. It happens. It doesn't have to mean it's claiming anyone!
Lancelot doesn't like company. Selena is a pretty virgin maiden who can stay for a night. It would be great if his Dragon would let her go the next day, though.

Rise for Her is a neat combination of two genres that don't go together, meeting in the middle. The earthy, medieval Dragon shifter world and the futuristic cyborg universe are so disparate they should be two different books, but they work in this story.

AND IT TAKES PLACE IN SOCAL! Thanks for that shout out to the best place on earth, Milana!

I recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise for Her.

January 11, 2021 – Started Reading