Suzanne's Reviews > Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury

Shadow Show by Sam Weller

Jul 24, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, sci-fi-fantasy, short-stories
Read from July 24 to August 05, 2012

What do you think of when you hear the name Ray Bradbury? For many people, Bradbury is the stuff of their childhood, the books they secreted away in their book bags, deliciously reading them under covers, complete with flashlight, because it was late and because they just couldn’t put it down.

In Shadow Show, Sam Weller and Mort Castle have compiled stories by several authors who were inspired by Bradbury. Included in this prestigious list are such notables as Neil Gaiman, Alice Hoffman and Harlan Ellison.

This was such a fun book to read. Not only were the stories excellent, but I really enjoyed the commentary by the authors at the end of their contribution. Some authors explained how the story was influenced by a particular Bradbury writing, or how they were fortunate enough to have developed a relationship with the master himself. Another high point of the book is the discovery of new authors. I enjoy science fiction, but it’s kind of a side line for me. I only pick up SF books every once in awhile. There were several stories that were notable for me in Shadow Show. I especially enjoyed The Companions by David Morrell, Children of the Bedtime Machine by Robert McCammon, and Two of a Kind by Jacquelyn Mitchard. I’ll definitely make a point to read more by those authors. And, I’ll definitely make a point to read more Ray Bradbury. He truly was an amazing author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Show.

08/01/2012 page 226