Sara Strand's Reviews > Under the Duvet: Shoes, Reviews, Having the Blues, Builders, Babies, Families and Other Calamities

Under the Duvet by Marian Keyes

10582065
Jul 24, 2012

liked it

Well I have never read anything by Marian Keyes before and this was a good starter book. It's a collection of short personal essays, some previously unpublished, that are all witty and fun. This is actually a pretty fun book to tote in your purse or next to your bed because you can read one or two stories quickly while waiting and stuff. What I enjoyed about the book were all the fun titles of the stories. Examples include, "The Pissed Is a Foreign Country, They Do Things Differently There". I mean, really. How many times have I said that people who are pissed off are totally irrational and you just are better off backing away from them. You can't negotiate or reason with angry. Or my other favorite, "Catholicism: Cheaper Than Prozac, but Is It Good for You?" AGREED.

Marian comes off as someone who would be a really fun girls night out buddy who would come in with a smart ass quip right when you need her to. I'd give this a 4 out of 5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Duvet.