Cadiva's Reviews > Her All Along

Her All Along by Cara Dee

bookshelves: favorites

This book is as beautiful as the cover and inside it contains a romance which reflects it perfectly.

It's rare for me to read an MF romance but Cara Dee is one of those authors I know will give me a true equal relationship where neither one is perfect and both stumble along the journey to happiness.

Here, it's made more complex by a number of my favourite tropes, including an age gap, and a character choosing to redefine themselves to be better for their own benefit, not just because of love.

The length of time the relationship develops provides every bit of groundwork needed to show why, in the end, it's always been her for Avery.

I'm not going into any specific plot spoilers, I'll just say I absolutely loved everything about this book.

The pacing is just right, it has moments where you can viscerally feel the pain that the two go through at times for vastly different reasons.

You get to know the amazing Quinn family who have featured elsewhere in Cara's connected universe.

And we meet a younger Darius, from before his experience with Gray, a time when he thinks his heart will never be touched.

And, ultimately, you get to see a relationship grow from friendship into love with no fanfare or great declarations, just honest affection, respect and support.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her All Along.

January 10, 2021 – Started Reading