Brooke (The Cover Contessa)'s Reviews > Hacienda Moon

Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra Leigh

Jul 24, 2012

Read from July 24 to 27, 2012 — I own a copy

I'd like to thank the wonderful KaSondra Leigh for providing me with an ARC of this book to read prior to it's release date.
This book was not what I expected, that is for sure! I actually did not read the blurb prior to reading it, so I only had an inkling of what it was about. I wasn't ready for spooky, mysterious, tragic, crazy, and adventurous!
This is the story of Tandie, a woman who returns to her roots after tragedy strikes her life. It's the story of how she learns to live her life again through experiencing the lives of others. You see, Tandie is a psychic who works for the police. While going through a bitter divorce, her daughter is killed in a tragic car accident. Distraught, devastated and not sure what to do with her life, Tandie moves to the small town of Bolivia, not far from where she grew up. It is there that she finds new friends, new love, and a story of tragedy that has spanned 300 years.
I really loved the way Leigh worked the spook into this story. It's a ghost story but it's not scary, just spooky. And I love how Tandie is not afraid of them. Not afraid to communicate with them to get to the bottom of what haunts and curses this small southern town.
And her two love interests, Saul and Eric, are just perfect vying for her affections. Saul is the perfect gentleman, with his Southern style, beautiful blue eyes, and charm, he wants to win Tandie's love and wants her to help put his family's ghosts to rest. Eric, with his rough good looks and quirky sense of humor, wants to keep her at arms length, afraid to get involved and risk losing her to the curse that has plagued his family for centuries. Eventually the tension between Eric and Tandie is undeniable. And their attraction is palpable. I wanted them to get together so badly, but things kept getting in the way!
Tandie quickly learns that the ghosts of Bolivia are trying to tell her something and that they can't be set free until all rights are wronged. She wants to help them, but has to put the puzzle together piece by piece.
Leigh has written a beautiful love story, full of adventure, mystery and intrigue. I have to say that at times I had to put the book down for fear it would get too creepy and I wouldn't be able to sleep. However, Leigh never took it to that level. And I couldn't put it down for long without wanting to pick it back up, I read it in just three days!
Thanks for writing such a great story KaSondra. I thoroughly enjoyed this read.
A solid 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hacienda Moon.

07/24/2012 page 10
4.0% "So far, so good!"
07/25/2012
28.0% "this is a bit spooky...hmmm...."
07/25/2012
33.0% 1 comment
07/26/2012
50.0% "the spook factor is not so bad...so far! LOL! EEK!"
07/26/2012
53.0% "Work is getting in the wy of my reading! Grrrr....."
63.0% "Hello spooky!"
07/27/2012
75.0% "This is such an interesting and different ghost story! I want to know more and only put it down last night b/c I was exhausted from work and could no longer keep my eyes open (but not b/c the book was boring me). Hoping to finish this beauty today! GO KaSondra!!!!"

Jen*The Geeky Book Gal* You guys are killing me!!I need a spooky read right now..

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Jen*Geekygamergal* wrote: "You guys are killing me!!I need a spooky read right now.."

It's only a bit spooky. Not too bad :)

Jody now you are finished too!! I need to move my ass. Great review Brooke.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Jody wrote: "now you are finished too!! I need to move my ass. Great review Brooke."

Thanks!