Nathan Eilers's Reviews > The Complete Green Letters

The Complete Green Letters by Miles J. Stanford

Nov 12, 2008

bookshelves: christianity, proof-i-read-nonfiction
Recommended to Nathan by: Dan
Read 2 times. Last read August 14, 2010 to February 28, 2011.

1st review: Stanford's work is a tour de force of the Christian faith. Using the promises of the Bible, Stanford systematically shows the believer what squi's position in Christ is and what that means in the everyday walk with the Lord. The truths in this book are foundational, transformational, and empowering.

2nd time through: I still cherish this book as a means of showing just how powerfully God has transformed the believer. Stanford is still the best writer I've found at articulating the identification truths, why they are so important, and how to manifest them in my day-to-day life (I've got a long way to go on that front). He also emphasizes the time element: it will take eternity to be molded into the image of Christ, but, fortunately, an eternity is exactly what we have.

The book does get a bit repetitive--it's a collection of essays after all. And Stanford has a tendency to rant at times. Still, it is one of the most valuable Christian works I've ever read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Green Letters.

Finished Reading
November 12, 2008 – Shelved
April 18, 2009 – Shelved as: christianity
April 18, 2009 – Shelved as: proof-i-read-nonfiction
August 14, 2010 – Started Reading
August 14, 2010 –
page 12
3.57% "Time to get back to one of the most influential books I've read."
January 31, 2011 –
page 277
82.44% "Stanford is relentless in driving home who we are in Christ."
February 19, 2011 –
page 316
February 28, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn It warms my heart to see that you still use squi, etc.

Nathan Eilers Ah, memories. :-)