Christine Strowbridge's Reviews > NightWhere

NightWhere by John Everson

Jul 24, 2012

Have you ever read the last page of a book then turn the page and realize that there's nothing else so you go back and re-read the last page again thinking maybe something else will materialize after you turn the page AGAIN? Well, um, me either, I totally wouldn't do something crazy like that. Okay, fine, I did.

This book was my first "horror" book. I had no idea what to expect. I mean, I had envisioned Nightmare on Elm Street kind of horror. But what I got was suspense, mystery, erotica, maybe a bit of fantasy or Sci-fi. I'm not sure, but it all rolled up into a wicked page turner. I hated putting this book down. *shakes fist at family obligations* Of course there was gore, and blood, but it wasn't over the top. I didn't feel icky when it came along. It was almost matter-of-fact, but not, because it was kind of a big player in the book.

The characters were all fascinating. They all had a little bit of character development enough that you got them, figured them out and either hated them or REALLY disliked them. There wasn't really a person you rooted for. You just wanted to know what happened next with each character.

After finishing this book I was left with the "wow" feeling,followed closely by the.."omg, what happens next" feeling. I really hate that feeling. Please let there be a sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read NightWhere.

July 24, 2012 – Started Reading
July 24, 2012 – Shelved
July 24, 2012 –
July 26, 2012 – Finished Reading

Susan Love it! I'm so glad you agreed to give it a go. :-)