Krista's Reviews > Back on Blossom Street

Nov 12, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: audio-book-cd, fiction
Read in December, 2008

I really liked this book. It was an easy read. (Okay I listened to it during my daily commute, I didn't "read" it.) It was nice to settle back in with some old friends from the previous books in the series, and to meet some new ones. I like Lydia and the various customers that have come to frequent her shop over the years. It probably helps that I'm a knitter myself and used to be a regular at a shop that was a lot like Lydia's. I understand the friendships that can build around a table where the clicking of knitting needles is the loudest sound for minutes at a time.

Maybe I'm a hard book review rater because I only gave this book three stars. Don't get me wrong. I liked it. It did exactly what I expected it would. It entertained me, and welcomed me back to a well defined world. To gain a four or five star rating from me a book needs to make me stop and re-read passages because of the elegance of the words strung together in a sentence. Or it needs challenge the way I think about the world, open new ideas and concepts, or take me somewhere completely unexpected.

Taken for what it is, a sweet "yarn", it was lovely and I'm glad I read it. I'd gladly recommend it to anyone looking for a little light 'cozy' reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back on Blossom Street.