Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Forbidden Fire

Forbidden Fire by Karpov Kinrade

Jul 23, 2012

bookshelves: owned-e-books, book-tour, favorites

Check out the book tour for this book and the others.

Wow, this story just keeps getting better and better. It flows so well from one book till the next. I was happy that I have them all here ready to read. And same with the last and final book, Forbidden Life, I am ready to pick it up too.

Since this is the 2nd book, and know some may not have read the first yet, I am being careful in this review, it will be spoiler free for both books, the best I can.
I loved Forbidden Mind, and love Forbidden Fire too.

This series reminds me of a few TV shows I had watched in the past, and now. In the past, I watched a show called Dark Angel, this reminds me of it; in the way that the kids are locked up, and trained for the companies own uses, and tracking devices installed too. But in this series, the kids are more like the x-men characters, and a whole lot like a show I watch on Sci-Fi channel called Alphas, in that one, its not kids, but adult with all sorts of Para-powers too, but they call them Alphas. Anyway, the point is, even though these are all similar in ways, this story in itself is unique.

I am hooked like you would not believe in this series, and will be sad to see it end. I really am impressed with Kimberly’s writing style, and am very comfortable in reading it.
I love how we get to be in different points of view. In this one, we get inside many, Sam, Drake, Lucy and more.

I do not want to say much more about the story, as to not spoil it, but its intense, exciting, and non-stop action. You will be on the edge of your seat reading as fast as you can to see what happens next. It has been really hard to put down, for sleep, lol.
I highly recommend this series. It’s great for all ages, you get the sci-fi spin with the paranormal in there too, with some romance. Love it.

5 out of 5 stars for me.

I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review for the book tour by Innovative Online Book Tours.

Forbidden Mind (Forbidden Trilogy, #1) by Kimberly Kinrade Forbidden Life (Forbidden Trilogy, #3) by Kimberly Kinrade

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Fire.

Quotes Michelle's Liked

Kimberly Kinrade
“Time held no meaning as my mind darted in and out of memories. Past and present collided to create a full-sensory collage out of my life: playing hide-n-seek with my best friends Luke—who always cheated by walking through walls when he was about to be caught—and Lucy; Mr. Caldrin critiquing my sketches and offering ideas to make them more realistic; targets changing faces, blending into the same person, their thoughts rippling through my mind like waves. Through it all, a demon stalked me from the shadows of my memories, never quite showing its face, but crouching, waiting.

And then I dreamed....”
Kimberly Kinrade, Forbidden Fire

Kimberly Kinrade
“If you aren't feeling better soon, we’re going to the doctor’s. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe and get you out of there, if it comes to that." He towered over me, his spiky blond hair disheveled from our recent make-out session that now seemed so long ago.
My body shuddered, and not just because of my symptoms. Whatever it takes could mean a lot of things to Drake, including—but not limited to—physical violence and total mind control. The darkness of his paranormal talents scared me and seduced me in equal measure.”
Kimberly Kinrade, Forbidden Fire

July 23, 2012 – Shelved
July 29, 2012 – Shelved as: owned-e-books
August 16, 2012 – Shelved as: book-tour
October 4, 2012 – Started Reading
October 5, 2012 –
44.0% "Wow, just as good or better than the first. No surprise. :)"
October 18, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites