Josie's Reviews > Splintered

Splintered by A.G. Howard

Jul 23, 2012

4½ stars! I just got back from a trip down the rabbit hole. A wonderfully written and unique spin-off of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

The visuals written for the scenes in Wonderland and the connection and feelings to the characters made it an awesome roller coaster of a ride.

One of my many favorite quotes ~
“Do you really think these are Alice's tears?" I ask. "That I'm supposed to make them go away somehow?"
"I'm the wrong guy to ask. I just saw a skeleton with antlers and a forest of aphid-noshing flower zombies.:”
~ Alyssa/Jeb ~

Alyssa is Alice's great great great granddaughter. She discovers that the story of Alice in Wonderland has truth behind it. Her decision to take the same trip her great great great grandmother took, puts her in a place of madness, darkness and magic. Through her journey she finds her first love in her best friend Jeb and strong emotional connection with Morpheus from Wonderland. Her goal is to break a curse that is on her family and to do that she has to go through many trials. If she does not succeed her mothers life may end and the family curse will never end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Splintered.

Quotes Josie Liked

A.G. Howard
"I'm the wrong guy to ask. I just saw a skeleton with antlers and a forest of aphid-noshing flower zombies.”
A.G. Howard, Splintered