L-J Johnson's Reviews > The Third Gate

The Third Gate by Lincoln Child

Jul 23, 2012

Read from July 23 to 25, 2012

When it comes to adventure novels, you have me at one word: Egypt. An eccentric (is there any other kind?) billionaire heads an expedition to Egypt to uncover THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIND OF THE MILLENNIUM. The group includes a feisty Egyptologist, a greedy and vain and famous archaeologist, a physician obsessed with near-death experiences and his survivor-of-one wife, and our hero Jeremy Logan, an enigmalogist. Who wouldn't want that job?!? His last mission had been investigating the Loch Ness Monster - no lie! Anyway, guess what? As they're doing their excavating in the deadly swamp the Sudd, they discover that there's a CURSE ON THE MUMMY'S TOMB! I wasn't even there and I could have told them that! For goodness' sake, there's always a CURSE ON THE MUMMY'S TOMB! There's a lot of unexplainable phenomena, disembodied voices, mysterious lights, and then people start dropping like flies in gruesome ways. So cool!

My oh my, I love summer when my brain takes a vacation! This was great and way better than Child's last outings with Douglas Preston. Read it and have a blast!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Third Gate.