Naomi's Reviews > Dreamless

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

F 50x66
Jul 23, 2012

bookshelves: currently-reading

Wow. You know when you finish a book, and you just want to cry because it's over? That's how I felt finishing Dreamless. The characters are so well developed that you really feel like you know them. Orion, who is introduced in Dreamless, is a particular favourite of mine (and not just because I fell in love just from his physical description!). He's one of those characters that you just want to know more about - and the more you know, the more you like him!
Dreamless is set about two thirds in Nantucket, and a third in the Underworld. What's really great about Josephine Angelini is that she writes so clearly and easily understandable through potentially a potentially confusing plot. She is such an engaging and clear author - after reading Starcrossed I had been worried that she would not be able to write another book as good, but I'd say she's actually managed to do even better!
I am a major fan of love triangles. From the end of Starcrossed, I did wonder what sort of romance there would be in Dreamless, but what there is is perfect - a gorgeous, perfect Orion for Helen, but still a heartbreaking forbidden love for Lucas. The romance was prioritised behind the plot, and while it still played a major role in the book, it did not drown out the action bits, which often happens in these kind of books.
To sum it up, I loved Dreamless. The writing is flawless, and the plot and characters are well developed and great. 10/10 - you will not regret reading this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamless.