Tina "IRead2Escape"'s Reviews > The Gamble

The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

Jul 23, 2012

bookshelves: part-of-a-series, contemporary-romance, romantic-suspense, reviewed, audio, 2014-reading-challenge, re-read, 2016-reading-challenge, 2018-reading-challenge
Read from March 07 to 10, 2016 — I own a copy

Have you ever heard of love at first read? I am there! This is my first Kristen Ashley book and it will definitely not be my last. This book has it all...romance, hot male lead, strong female lead, witty banter, suspense, wild and crazy suporting characters, and did I mention hot, amazing sex scenes? I didn't, weird. Well, now I'm mentioning it. Hot, Amazing sex scenes.

Nina Sheridan has had it with being ignored by her fiance in London. They don't fight exactly, they just don't do anything. She has decided to take a break to think about things and run away to Colorado for holiday. Does the fiance beg her to stay, worry about her while she's gone, heck, even check on her to make sure she made it okay? No, No and No. All she can do is thank god that she has seen it now and come to her senses before she actually married him. Since she can't seem to get him to listen to her when she calls, she has decided to email him explaining why they are not going to be married.

Holden Maxwell, is a great guy. He's a mountain man guy that puts up with no shit and tells it like it is, but he's a great guy! When Nina Sheridan shows up on his doorstep, cute as can be, and madder than hell that a booking error has messed her lodging plans. He falls instantly head over heels in love. By his good fortune she ends up in a ditch and then horribly sick from the flu. He does what any good guy would do, he brings her home and nurses her back to health. Now, he just has to convince her that she is meant for him, even if it's only been a week. Thank goodness he has the help of the crazy townspeople and her mother and step dad.

This book really is amazing. Throw in a murder mystery, bitchy ex-girlfriend and sister, crazy meddling neighbors and you get Nina and Max's story. READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gamble.

07/25
01/10 marked as: currently-reading
01/16 marked as: read
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by ~V~ (last edited Jul 30, 2012 12:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~V~ Great review Tina, glad you liked it! Sweet Dreams is good also and i'm currently reading Lady Luck and loving it! Her Dream Man series is my personal favorite though..i would highly recommend reading those at some point!! :)

Tina "IRead2Escape" I am starting Sweet Dreams tonight. I have all the books to the Dream Man series, except for Mystery Man. Was hoping to find someone I can borrow the first one from, but that doesn't seem to be happening, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and download it. Not sure how what possessed me to buy the other 3 and not the first...lol.

~V~ Oh sheesh..you can't read the others w/ out reading Mystery Man first! Do you have a kindle? I have it..i'm pretty sure it's loanable too..when ur ready just let me know and I'LL loan it to you! :)

Tina "IRead2Escape" I do have a Kindle. I know it's lendable because I have all my others listed as loanable. Thank you so much! I will message you my email address.

~V~ Ok, sounds good! :)

Regina I have read many of her books. But not this one. And now I'm gonna. Great review! Thanks! :)

Tina "IRead2Escape" Oh my goodness, Regina. It's the start of one of Kristen's best series and I love all of her books. This is my second read (this time in audio). I forgot how much I loved Max!

The second book of this series is my favorite. Tate is my favorite of all fictional boyfriends everywhere :)