I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}'s Reviews > Love Struck

F 50x66
Jul 22, 2012

liked it
Read on July 22, 2012

If you haven't read the summary yet, please do so now. It's the shortest summary I've ever seen on Goodreads. It will take a maximum of five seconds and I'll wait for you.

Now, how I feel about Love Struck can be summed up like this: when Kelli got entrapped by the thought of a new book by Melissa Marr, she was forced to be satisfied with an estimated less than twenty pages of new material, coupled with excerpts from the Wicked Lovely books. This reinforced my preconceived notions of not liking novellas due to their brevity...and the packaging of a super-short story with previously published material made me feel gypped.

And that is my problem with Love Struck: I really enjoyed Alana and Murrin's story, although it was so short. I love the way Marr writes with such descriptive imagery and emotions that jump off the page. I would have much, much preferred to have the entire novella encompass their story instead of the chapters from Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange.

I am so glad I didn't buy this one, because I would have been mad. The story took me maybe twenty minutes to read...not worth a buy but still worth a read if you can get it from your library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Struck.