Cj W's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Jul 22, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, murder-mystery, romance, suspense-thriller, war-related
Read in July, 2012

The second installment of the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George RR Martin did NOT disappoint!

This second book follows mainly Lord Tyrion. The dwarf son of Lord Tywin, and uncle to Joffrey Lannister who is not king of the Iron Throne.

It follows his experiences, his battles, his mistrusts, and all of his lovely little situations where he has no clue who his allies or enemy's are, including his sister herself, Joffreys' mother.

So good.

The detail of the plots are incredible and just when you think it couldn't possibly get any better, it DOES.

I am excited to see this book brought to life in the 'Game Of Thrones' series on HBO.

I was able to get my hands on the first book (ie: Season 1 of Game of Thrones) and I will say, they did VERY well.
Little more nudity than I'd like to see, BUT, the way they took the books and so perfectly detailed it to the screen, including the casting of characters, is just incredible.

Definitely looking fwd to reading more!
And seeing more.

- CJ
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.