Monica's Reviews > The Prisoner of Heaven

The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Jul 22, 2012

Read from July 22 to 24, 2012

I was more than thrilled to get my hands on this book. “The Prisoner of Heaven” continues the stories started in “The Shadow of the Wind” and “The Angel’s Game”. Or it’s perhaps more correct to say that this book is a neat little tie in between the other two books as it fills in more of the story about Daniel Sempere and David Martin.

Gothic Barcelona is a wonderful place to visit for a short while. Zafon is one of those writers who can make the words flow seamlessly in such a way that you never want to put the book down. Having said that, I wanted a lot more from this book, a lot more detail and information. It seems as though Zafon wrote this book just as a prelude to, what I hope, is a fourth novel that is as rich and in depth as “The Shadow of the Wind” and “The Angel’s Game”. “The Prisoner of Heaven” was lacking in depth. The chapters were short and seemed to only give me enough to move on with the story without filling in the cracks with the wonderful tidbits found in the previous two books.

Still...I thoroughly entertained and enjoyed this book, and look forward to much more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prisoner of Heaven.

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna I'm reading Shadow of the Wind right now and really enjoying it.

Monica Zafon does have a wonderful way of pulling you in and keeping you there!