Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Ugly Girl

Ugly Girl by Sheridan Anne

bookshelves: 2021

Holy trigger alert! I'm smashing my trigger alert button.

This book is good. I really liked it. I didn't know if I would, but I did. I should have faith in Sheridan Anne. She's a damn good egg.

Skylah and Blake Daniels have been done dirty. The worst of it all is, for the most part, Skylah remembers all of it while Blake was too young to remember the worst of it and escaped the most monstrous of the current parts. They've moved to Aston Creek for a fresh start. But Skylah's collecting monsters the way some girls collect names on dance cards.

Day one in Aston Creek High, the school's king and Skylah's number one monster, declares all-out war on her. This is where our girl makes a scene and claims she's the new boss in town. From there, it's all downhill. The only thing these two don't shed is blood--what they are dying to shed are clothes. They are combustible.

I'm in love with Blake, and if I could date him without Skylah coming after me, I would--yep, I'm delusional.

The cliffhanger on this one is a doozy, but I did see the names tossed out and where the crimes would lie when first revealed. I can't tell you how much I'm itching for Lost Girl now. One-click here I come.

Recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ugly Girl.

January 3, 2021 – Started Reading