Carol's Reviews > A Season of Love

A Season of Love by Amy Clipston

Jul 22, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, amish-fiction
Read from July 26 to 28, 2012

"A Season of Love" by Amy Clipston is the last book in a series. I didn't realize this when I picked it out! I never read anything by her before. Even though it was the final book, the author wrote it so that it was easily a standalone book. I never felt lost because she caught up new readers with short summaries of what happened before. I was never confused about who the characters were and their histories. It was a very quick and enjoyable read.

There were several storylines from the previous books that needed to be tied up. I was drawn to the one about Lindsey who had to decide on whether or not to join the Amish community. All the stories intertwine but I had no trouble keeping up. The main story though was the dilemma of Jake Yoder, a Mennonite and Katie Kaufman who were in love. I liked the conclusion although it seemed a little predictable.

The characters were all very developed and there is Amish wisdom through this book. The portraits of Elizabeth and Katie really came to life. I felt that I wanted to talk to them! I wanted to console Katie and smile at Elizabeth.

I loved the recipes in the book, they were all simple enough to make easy and sounded like they would be tasty.

My conclusion is that I would definitely read more Amish fiction by Amy Clipston.

I received this book as a part of the Vine Program but that in no way influenced my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season of Love.

07/26/2012 page 103